Slammed Enuff?

A forum dedicated to the members and fans of slammedenuff?

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Any Experience?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
is3NA-T

PostSubject: Any Experience?   Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm looking at some Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Coilovers for the lexus i was wondering if anyone had ever used them or knows anyone that has had them. There only $773.00 seems like a pretty good price for a well known brand if i cant find any info on them ill probably stray back to these bc racing ive been looking at there just over a grand and i can order higher spring rates and there fully adjustable from the spring to offer better ride quality at lower ride heights let me know what you think and if you have any prior experience thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rico2268

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 pm

First question Andrew is what do you plan on doin with the car? Why are you wanting different spring rates?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
is3NA-T

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 am

im wanting to up the spring rates because im plannin on going pretty low and its just a percaution against any tire fender contact when hitting any bumps on the eway while were movin like we do lol and im gonna be autox. alot of people said the spring rates that bc's come with regularly are to soft for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rico2268

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

if you are wanted to be dumped its not goin to good on the track. When lowering your car it changes the geometry of the suspension mostly effecting camber and toe. As for the fender rubbing issue if you go with 2 stiff of a spring rate you will feel every bump in the road and wont even use the dampener. Wheel choose has alot to do with rubbing too. Most of the time you will need some type of fender mod. to fit a good size wheel. Both coilover you are lookin at are enrty level coils and would be good for street use and light track use. If you are lookin for something that will hold up to constant track abuse i would look at a higher lever coilover
Back to top Go down
View user profile
is3NA-T

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:40 pm

the highest im probably gonna go is the tein mono flex i had before and im most certainly getting rolled and pulled idc to run hellacious camber the wheel set up doing is gonna be pretty flush no poke or anything is300 is alot harder to fit lower offset in then 240's..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rico2268

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:42 pm

im not say to run a super low offset wheel and spend a million dollars on coilovers. Im just sayin get what best fits what you are goin to do with the car. Also, when you lower your car it naturally creates camber and toe. So the lower you go the worse your camber and toe will be without having arms to fix the problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
is3NA-T

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 am

rico2268 wrote:
im not say to run a super low offset wheel and spend a million dollars on coilovers. Im just sayin get what best fits what you are goin to do with the car. Also, when you lower your car it naturally creates camber and toe. So the lower you go the worse your camber and toe will be without having arms to fix the problem
i plan to have many adjustable links to solve all that as well as new bushings to give it that new car response again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blink182house

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:36 am

yeah, why are you set on Tein as the brand out of curiosity? They tend to be sort of expensive, for a lower performance oriented product (for their price ranges).

Adjustable arms/links, with proper coilovers and springrates with a good fender roller should get you real set for autox and looking good.

is3NA-T

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:12 am

I like tein because it's the only coilover I've had and I have yet to ride in a car that had the same handling and rebound characteristics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blink182house

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:33 am

is3NA-T wrote:
I like tein because it's the only coilover I've had and I have yet to ride in a car that had the same handling and rebound characteristics
scratch No

rico2268

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 am

id look into different brands personally
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Experience?   

Back to top Go down

Any Experience?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1